Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear God


Dear God,

How long does it take for the heart to run out of breath?
How long does it take for love to be everlasting?
How long does it take for the ticking of a decomposing soul, of countless smiles dead between the pages?

How long does it take for life to hold its breathless promise?
How long does it take for a painted dream to turn into a cloudless nightmare?
How long does it take for a story to become fairytales?

How long does it take for the morning sorrow to sing to me?
How long does it take for the midnight death to whisper to me?
How long does it take for my winter veins to lay a summer heart to rest?

How long does it take for me to truly and forever be dead?
How long does it take for a flower to grow into an orchid?
How long does it take for the sun to set and the moon to rise?

Only if the world were to share my endless pain.
The happiness of the lost pieces of a simple tear
would bleed out the shades of my lost beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment